RE: Side Curtains and Tonneau covers for TR3A

To: "Triumph TR3A" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Side Curtains and Tonneau covers for TR3A
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:48:07 -0800
> Also, was considering a tonneau cover. My wife says that Sun-fast
> is the way
> to go over vinyl but the price is steep. Is Sun-Fast really worth
> over twice the vinyl cost?

Just as a data point, my (Moss) vinyl tonneau cover is over 10 years old and
has been more or less constantly exposed to SoCA sun, ozone and smog for all
that time.  (The car is only stored indoors when it's broken and not always
even then.)  It's definitely tired and probably should be replaced, but is
still functional.  The main problem is that the edging has cracked.

I'd expect vinyl to last much longer in the cooler (and less ozone/smog)
north.  There's also a good chance you treat your car better than I do !

OTOH the free SunFast samples I got from TRF sure do look nice.

Randall