Re: TR3 Set rails

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR3 Set rails
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 16:46:47 -0700
John A. Wise wrote:

> Any ideas short of finding someone with a Mig welder to tack them in
> place???

I have used JBWeld and it worked fine.  Are you drilling a countersunk
hole from underneath and using a countersunk head screw thru from the
bottom of the rail?  I did that with the JBWeld under the screw head.
Clamped it in place by threading a nut down the threads.  Once it
hardened I removed that nut and ground off much of the screwhead.

For the countersunk flathead pointy screws I used the screws Moss sells
for the door hinges -- I really think you would have to remove a rail
and peek at the underside to see anything has been done to it.

Geo Hahn