RE: TR4 Sputter?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR4 Sputter?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 23:06:02 -0800
> first drove it in 1977, and finally bought in
> 2002, first car I ever owned.

Well, you were either way too young to be driving in 1977, or waited to a ripe
old age to buy a car of your own !

> What should I be looking at?

What were you doing with the choke during all this ?

Not much to go on, but my guess would be a leaky float valve.  Next time it
chugs & wants to die, check the exhaust to see if it's black.

If it's any consolation, I hit a small rain puddle today in my LBC support
vehicle and it promptly died.  Took me probably 10 minutes to get it started
again, and it ran like crap for the next 5 miles or so.  Probably needs new plug
wires.

Randall