TR3A suspension rookie

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A suspension rookie
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 02:07:46 -0500
I've really never rebuilt a front suspension before, however, it seems fairly
straight-forward  if one has a Moss Catalog diagram to go by.  I've ordered
new seals (and boots, etc.) and heard that it's best not to tighten everything
until the front end is 'loaded' and on the ground.

Is this a misprint?
'Slacken the nuts and retighten to a torque load of 4 lb.ft.'

Can someone provide me with the correct torques please?  (I've proably got the
specs somewhere).

I question the usefullness of assembling everything with goobs of wheel
bearing grease (as I think I've seen done) because it will proably squeeze out
when tightened.  Is this correct?

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A