Re: TR4/4A/250 Dash Pad adhesive

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4/4A/250 Dash Pad adhesive
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee@cybertrails.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 08:55:48 -0700
Jeff Tedder wrote:

>Anyone have suggestions for a good adhesive to use for the top dash pad?
>All the spray adhesive that I have says that it bonds instantly, and that
>wouldn't be good if I lay it down in the wrong location.

I used 3M-08088 spray.  It is contact cement but you can introduce
pieces of heavy paper (I used several pieces of cereal box cardboard)
between the dash & vinyl) to keep anything from sticking until you are
ready, then withdraw the paper & press.

I think you only need a very light amount of adhesive here as once the
windscreen posts are screwed down that pad isn't going anywhere.

Geo Hahn