Birthdays Revisited

To: Steve Myers <mountainunicycle@yahoo.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Birthdays Revisited
From: Jeff Johnson <mondoluxe@ameritech.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 00:55:28 -0500
  Not only a great story, but the ending put a big smile on my face. (
Returning the favor- reproduced below).
I've been reading with great interest everyone's input and realized I had
not chimed in.
I bought my 1st TR when I was 15. (1969) The worst looking, smoke-burning,
gear grinding, ragged-out TR3 I've ever seen, but at least it ran. Paid
$300. for it. My Dad screamed at me for a long time thereafter, but I
persevered in my newfound hobby. Tore the tranny apart with the idea of
rebuilding it, didn't get that done- the parts cost too much. (At the time
I was taking flying lessons) A lot of people floated by in the next few
months and wanted to give me lots of money for parts off the car. So I
parted it. Then, when only a shell remained, I sold it too. When I counted
up what I had made on the car, I was way ahead, and Dad had a new respect
for my abilities.
Since then it's been LBC's and more LBC's. Sprites, TR4's, TR3's, MG's, and
the kingpin, my '76 TR6 that I bought new and still have.

Respectfully,

Jeff Johnson
Downsized for the New Millenium
6 grandkids