Re: Another kind of birthday?

To: "Steve Ball" <banjonut@verizon.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Another kind of birthday?
From: "John A. Wise" <Wise@erau.edu>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:34:05 -0700
>My certified copy of the factory record from British Motor Industry
>Heritage Trust lists "Date of Build" as "February 1960 (not
>recorded)",  and it lists "Date of Despatch" as "19 February 1960".
>I'm just wondering what "date of despatch" means?  Could it be the
>date it left the factory?  Or the date it left the dock on the ship?
>I don't have a clue, but either way it seems like an important date
>for this LBC, and a good excuse to uncork the single malt for a
>"Happy 45th Birthday" toast.

I wondered the same thing.  My assumption has been that it took a
number of days to build the car.  I think I read somewhere that the
body was built in a different location and trucked in for final
assembly.  Thus I also assumed that the "despatched date" was the day
it actually left the factory.

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE

5483 W Potter Dr