Re: Another kind of birthday?

To: Steve Ball <banjonut@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Another kind of birthday?
From: Ted <triumphcars@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 15:33:37 -0500
I, too, was trying to the difference between dispatch date and build dates.

John Wise's comments helps fit what I have read about Healeys< MGs,
and Triumphs in Tim Whisler's The Rise and Fall of MG, Triumph and
Healey, and Mike Cook's Triumph in America books.

Indeed, like almost all English car companies, body makers like
Mulhiner's and others were supplying bodies to Triumph, Healey and
others.  Much of Triumph's body production, if I recall correctly,
happened in Liverpool plants.

With shipping delays, the body to chassis mating process would account
for some of the differences between build and dispatch dates.

Atb,  Ted
66 TR4A

John Wise writes:
I wondered the same thing.  My assumption has been that it took a
number of days to build the car.  I think I read somewhere that the
body was built in a different location and trucked in for final
assembly.  Thus I also assumed that the "despatched date" was the day
it actually left the factory.