Re: Carpet Installation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Carpet Installation
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 10:14:33 -0800
> Carpet is laid 1st, I cut a strip of rubber the same size/length as the
> seat tracks then coat all of the bolts will silicone sealer, so it is
> sound insulation, carpet, inner tube rubber, seat tracks and finally
> nuts/bolts, makes for a quiet and very dry ride

Of course it is dry as long as moisture does not fall upon it from the
skys after which it may take several months to dry under the rails.

I still vote for easily removable carpets assuming you wish to customize
your TR3 with carpets on the floor.  When I took up the carpeting on my
TR3 I discovered I needed to replace the badly rusted floor panels as
well. Since then I've become a big fan of factory Triumph floor
covering.  Ever so much easier to dry.

TeriAnn