Re: Spitfire Speedo

To: tochilds@carolina.rr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Speedo
From: ZoboHerald@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:57:09 EST
In a message dated 2/21/2005 1:28:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tochilds@carolina.rr.com writes:

Does  anyone on the list happen to know what the correct speedometer
calibration  number was for a 72 Spitfire with a D type overdrive was when
new??  I  have  speedos with 3 or 4 different cal numbers to choose from and
I  would like to at least get close!

=======
Tony, the numbers off what I'm sure is either a '70 or a '72 speedo  are:

SN6203/344 1248

Regardless, the "1248" is the key number, assuming your '72 still has the
4.11:1 diff as original.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6)  and Triumph Herald
Database at its new URL: _http://triumph-herald.us_
(http://triumph-herald.us/)