Re: Adjusting the trunion steering lock stop on TR250/TR6

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: Adjusting the trunion steering lock stop on TR250/TR6
From: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 11:34:18 -0500
This is interesting....

A couple of people have responded saying their trunion spacer lock stop is
drilled on center. Mine
are not -- at least the drivers side is not. I haven't taken the other side
apart yet.

The bolt hole is not in the center of the spacer, so by turning the spacer
about the off center bolt
hole, you effectively change the diameter of the spacer and therefore the
amount of lock to lock
steering travel.

I'm the original owner so I know this is stock. I don't believe it's drilled
incorrectly. It seems
like a natural way of allowing some adjustment.

Interesting...

Don Malling