Re: TR6 leaky engine/next question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 leaky engine/next question
From: "Paradise Music" <paradise.71@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 19:17:33 GMT
We'll find out tonight!  Thans for the reply.

-- Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com> wrote:
Paradise Music wrote:

>I worked on it a little bit this morning, and slowed it down a bit.  I think
>that I will be able to stop it.  Can anyone tell me if there are any bolts
>under the timing chain cover that hold the plate to the block?  I thought
>about seeing if I could remove the cover tonight, checking it out, but if
>there are no bolts that hold the plate, I won't bother.  Thanks again, guys,
>y'all are great.

On the TR4 there look to be 4 bolts inside the cover -- based on the
front engine plate I have hanging on the wall. Be sure you have a new
gasket for the timing chain cover or you'll leak like mine. Don't know
if the TR6 engine will be the same though, bolt wise.

--
Steven Newell
Littleton, CO