Re: TR6 leaky engine/next question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 leaky engine/next question
From: "Paradise Music" <paradise.71@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 18:24:09 GMT
I worked on it a little bit this morning, and slowed it down a bit.  I think
that I will be able to stop it.  Can anyone tell me if there are any bolts
under the timing chain cover that hold the plate to the block?  I thought about
seeing if I could remove the cover tonight, checking it out, but if there are
no bolts that hold the plate, I won't bother.  Thanks again, guys, y'all are
great.

-- >
It could be as simple as a bad gasket on that front plate. That front
plate can get tweaked so it's not flat, after which it will leak like
crazy, which will be a pain to fix but isn't really a big deal
otherwise. Check to make sure the front plate doesn't have a loose bolt,
that would be a lot easier to fix.