RE: TR3 Frone Wheel Bearing Cross Reference

To: "Dave Speed" <dspeed@4speeds.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3 Frone Wheel Bearing Cross Reference
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 12:03:38 -0800
> Does anybody have a cross reference to currently available (?American)
> bearings for the TRs's?

The front wheel bearings are the same through TR6 ... you might try just
asking for TR6 wheel bearings at your local auto parts house.

> I was considering replacing my low hours but now 50 years old
> bearings when
> I did the rotors, but thought that $$260 on sale was a tad high.

Does seem a bit high ... I only get $74 for front wheel bearings & seals
from TRF.

And personally, I'd give the old ones a good visual inspection ... if no
defects show up then keep using them.  There's no shelf life on bearings.
Odds are you'll need to replace the "seals" though.

> "We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo Possum

I go POGO !

Randall