RE: Speedometer drive 60 TR3

To: <Harlyred1@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speedometer drive 60 TR3
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 11:50:49 -0800
> OK, I got the end cap off. I had removed the set screw one step
> too soon.
> How do I remove the actual drive at this point? Thanks

I think the end cap has to go back on (the brass piece with external threads
on both ends, right ?), then screw a scrap speedo cable (or just the nut)
onto that, and pry under the edge of the nut, preferably on both sides at
once.  The speedo drive housing/bearing is just a push fit (with an O-ring)
into the transmission housing but they're usually too tight to pull by just
yanking on the end of the shaft.  The gear itself will likely come out with
the bearing, but if not you should be able to pick it out with your fingers
or pliers.

HTH
Randall