The magic studs

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The magic studs
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 08:29:19 -0500
Hi,
I had to rethread both 'stud arms' of one of my upper fulcrum pins (7/16" -
20) today on my TR3A.  I thought I remembered taking cotter pins out of both
arms of the fulcrum pin before rethreading them.  However, after cutting the
new threads I was astonished to not see the small holes drilled thru the
threads of the stud arms allowing the cotter pin to work with a castellated
nut.

Instead of using the castle nut with cotter pin, can I use a new nyloc nut ?
How  about Loctite?  This nut is torqued to 40 ft.lbs.

Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A