RE: TR6 engine oil leak

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 engine oil leak
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 11:09:12 -0800
> I have a 1-1/16 socket, and a 1-1/4
> wrench, I would assume it is a 1-1/8, as one is too little, and
> one is too big.

Personally I'd want to measure, since it might also be 1-3/16".  I know I've
used that size on a TR at least once ...

>  I'll have to hit the stores tonight or tomorow,
> to try to get one.

Just a suggestion, you might want to look for a 6-point socket in the right
size.  Those bolts are sometimes hard to get out, and the head is already
slightly rounded (by the factory).  The socket will facilitate things like
the "flying breaker bar" trick (using the starter to spin the engine until
the breaker bar hits the floor/frame).

Randall