fulcrum pin rubbers

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: fulcrum pin rubbers
From: "Paul Dorsey" <dorpaul@negia.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 09:37:36 -0500
I bought new black rubber bushings in a replacement kit for the upper inner
wishbone joints (on both ends of the fulcrum pin) from V-B.  These rubber
bushings are suppose to slide onto the the fulcrum pin.  The first half goes
on ok, next goes the wishbone arm itself, but then the last half of the
bushing becomes increasingly difficult to squeeze-in and won't go far enough
for me to get the washer and bolt on correctly.  I even tried heating them up
with a small torch and I held the fulcrum pin in my shop vice- but, I can't
get the bolt onto the fulcrum pin.  Is there a special way to do this?
Thanks,
Paul Dorsey
60 TR3A