TR4/4A/250 fresh air vent lid mounting tricks

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4/4A/250 fresh air vent lid mounting tricks
From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:43:46 -0800
List,

OK - so what's the secret for mounting the fresh air vent lid (the one right
in front of the windshield) so the thing actually closes completely?  I
recall having this problem the last time I replaced the rubber gasket as
well.  It opens fully fine, but it only closes up until the back of the lid
is pretty much on the gasket, which leaves the front of it open about 3/8 to
1/2" - enough to bug me.  I tried shimming it up with a couple of washers
under all three mounting points, but I can't see shimming it up another 3-4
washers to get it to sit right.  Also, before anyone points it out, the
metal part of the hinge is on top of the gasket, not under it.  Anyone have
any insight?

As always, I appreciate any assistance!

Jeff Tedder

'66 & '67 TR4A