TR6 Shock conversions

To: "Listers" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Shock conversions
From: "Peter Arakelian" <peterara@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 19:49:17 -0800
<The Moss catalog has a statement that
their shock conversion kit should not be used when tires larger than
185-60 or 195-70 (I think that's it) are used...Has anyone installed one of
those kits with
205 tires? >

I run 205-70/15 on my TR6 with the Moss conversion kit - the one that has
several pieces which lock together.  There was a very slight rub on the tire.
Only enough to just barely take off some of the brand name lettering on the
sidewall.  One weekend when I felt the need to do some grinding and I rented a
small side grinder and took about a quarter inch off the trailing edge of the
bracket, maybe a little less.  Considering the size of the bracket it made no
difference in the strength.  No more rub.  But quite frankly the amount of rub
I was getting was not worrisome to either me or my tire guy.

I like the look of the 205-70 best.

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver