RE: Wits End

To: "Triumph Autox Team" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Wits End
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 11:52:51 -0800
> 1960 TR3A ,new fuel pump, new coil, rebuilt carbs, good fuel flow, car does
> not want to start until a shot of starter in each air filter and then it comes
> alive and runs great the rest of day, It will start easy after first start.

As Kurtis already suggested, try filling the float bowls first.  Also make sure
the choke is pulling down both jets equally and at least by 3/16" measured at
the jet.

If that doesn't help (and it still starts with a dose of ether), I'd try
converting back to points before troubleshooting further.  Some electronic
ignitions don't work well on reduced voltage, like when cranking a cold engine.

Randall