RE: TR3A Choke won't set

To: "Triumph TR3A" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A Choke won't set
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 14:17:49 -0800
> My choke pulls out but won't stay put. Twisting it either way doesn't help.
> Makes it almost necessary to have three hands if one needs to use it and
> drive. Any way to fix this thing?

Sometimes, depending on which one it is.  One quick fix (factory approved so I'm
told <g>) is to clip a clothespin on the shaft to hold the knob out.

FWIW, the "replacement type" choke cable I got from Moss many years ago still
works great.  Concours judges might notice the lack of lettering on the (fixed)
knob, but so far no one else ever has.  IMO it has a big advantage over the
original cable, since it will lock in any position, not just 3 or 4 notches.
331-080

Randall