Re: TR3A Choke won't set

To: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: TR3A Choke won't set
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:16:35 -0000
> > My choke pulls out but won't stay put. Twisting it either way doesn't
help.
> > Makes it almost necessary to have three hands if one needs to use it and
> > drive. Any way to fix this thing?

Randall replied:
> Sometimes, depending on which one it is.  One quick fix (factory approved
so I'm
> told <g>) is to clip a clothespin on the shaft to hold the knob out.

No LBC with a sloppy cold start cable is complete without a clothes peg
dangling from the knob by a piece of string. I've used mine for years like
that and its guaranteed to work. I gave twenty odd kits of this type to the
same number of US visitors last year for use in their cars.* I'm reliably
informed from emails received after they got home that all now have pride of
place on their instrument panels and the lifetime guarantee has yet to be
invoked.

Jonmac

* The body polish saving kit (given to the ladies in the party at the same
time) has also received accolades for its efficiency as well. This is
protected by patent so further details cannot be provided to this list.