Re: Overdrive oil

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive oil
From: "John Macartney" <standardtriumph@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 07:51:57 -0000
I'm just wondering whether there isn't some confusion here between 80W/90wt
*gear* oil and 80w/90wt *hi-press* oil as found in diffs?
Like Jim Davis, I've always favoured the factory spec as shown in the
handbooks and I've been using that oil spec since 1962 - without any
problems at all. After nearly 43 years of totally reliable service on mainly
'A' type overdrive units, I'm singualrly disinclined to use an alternative
oil spec - and regardless of who recommends it, or why.

Jonmac