Re: birthdays doubled

To: Michael Hargreave Mawson <OC@46thFoot.com>
Subject: Re: birthdays doubled
From: Ted <triumph66@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:02:33 -0500
Turns out, yes, but I only learned this year that the TR4A and me
share the same birth year.

For years, the TR4A was, and continues to be registered, as a 67 TR4A,
yet when my dad passed the near-completely restored car onto me this
past Christmas (I am already into the car for $4000 already, but not
counting) I did some research and noticed that a fellow Pennsylvanian,
Tony Rhodes, had a TR4A car commissioned a mere 197 cars ahead of
mine.  His BMHertitage certificate places his car end of October 1966,
a car his Dad did buy new in Willow Grove, PA in March 1967.

I have a August 1966 dispatch date, and my car's dispatch date would
be some time mid-October 1966.

So, yes, it is rather cool to have a car that is within 2 months of my
own birthdate.  Now, all I need is some vanity plate that concisely
captures that concept.

As for who first owned the car, I presently do not know.  My dad
purchased the car from a fellow who briefly owned the car in the late
70s early 80s. I will see if I can trace back to the car's original
owner, but I suspect highly that the car was sold in the Philly area
at one of the dealerships on the Mainline or in Willow Grove.

Ted

--
T.L.L.
1966 TR4A CTC 73139 LO [registered as 1967 CTC 73139 LO]