Re: birthdays doubled

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: birthdays doubled
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:06:14 -0000
Hi Paul
I'm 1967 vintage and I am sort of straddled by a couple of my cars. A 1967
1300 Front Wheel Drive and a 1968 2000 Saloon.
My first saloon was a 1965 2000 automatic which nearly bankrupted us on one
holiday,18 MPG (and that was after converting to manual), 16MPG as an auto!
That was the holiday when I pulled in to a motorway service area, went to
reverse in to a parking bay and could not, the guy behind started tooting
his horn at me but stopped in fits of laughter when I raised the gear stick
to where he could see it and let it swing like a pendulum,  the retaining
bolt had dropped out and the cup came undone as I selected reverse!
Aah the memories!

Graham.