RE: HF Blast Cabinet

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: HF Blast Cabinet
From: "D&B Lambert" <blambert@socal.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 22:28:11 -0800
Thanks for the info Aaron.  Yes, I looked at the bigger cabinet, which
is on sale at the local HF store for $199.  I agree wholeheartedly that
that one is far superior to the cheesy small one I am considering, and a
better value as well!  There are two things I failed to mention in my
original post, however: 1) real estate is at a premium in my smallish
garage - I'm not sure I have room for anything other than a bench top
type unit. 2) The text describing the larger unit states that it
requires 12CFM at 40-80 PSI minimum.  Unfortunately, my 18 gal
single-stage belt-drive "5hp" compressor lists output at 8.6 CFM @ 40PSI
and 7.1 @ 90.  Doesn't sound like I have enough air to run a larger
blast cabinet.  If I thought I would be using it more I'd find the room
somewhere, and then look for a larger compressor.
Thanks, Dennis