Re: Sunfast Top comparison

To: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sunfast Top comparison
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@razzolink.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 07:44:13 -0800
>> PS  I've got an Everflex top now in excellent condition, fit, and finish,
>> but putting it up in cool weather is very difficult requiring a lot of
>> stretching of the top and swearing on my part...

Any soft top material will become softer and stretch more when it is hot
than it will when it is cold.  Any your delima is shared by just about
everyone who set the snaps outside during a warm day.

The trick is wait until a day where the temperature is at the point
where you would normally just be thinking about erecting the hood, then
set the snap locations.  If you set them on a cold day it will be a bit
loose on those hot days you erect the hood for sun protection.  If you
set them on a hot day the hood will be to tight to erect when you need
to protect from the cold.

> Ask anyone in Phoenix, we never let cold weather make us put up our
> tops!  ;-)

I didn't think the temperature ever got below 90 degrees in Phoenix on
those cold days 8*)

TeriAnn
www.tjwakeman.net