TR6 cloth tonneau tops from AA Best

To: Triumph list <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 cloth tonneau tops from AA Best
From: Ted <triumph66@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 14:44:44 -0500
Hi Bob and TR fans,

I, too, have been looking for a new cloth top and tonneau for my TR4A.
I have been compared cloth fabrics from AA Best and what's on offer in
Sunfast from TRF who supplies Robbins tops.  I preferred what is on
offer from AA Best and other TR people have  encouraged me to order
there.

AA Best has two cloth options, a stayfast that is the same type of
cloth as sunfast offered by Robbins.  AA Best also makes TR tops in
Sonnedecke fabrics.  The Sonnedecke cloth is really lovely, IMO and
others.  [Obviously any cloth tops/tonneaus puts one outside of
originality, but I prefer good aesthetics and tastesful improvements
for our cars.]

The Sonnedecke fabrics are American clothes that are as good or better
than the equivalent German cloth used on high-end German ragtops.
Check out AA Best website and request samples from AA Best to see for
yourself.  The Sonnedecke cloth has the "dobby" backing found on
German cloth used on BMWs and Mercs.  Another good site that has
better photos of Sonnedecke is Bill Hirsch Auto.

Georgia TR's Jim Davis also steered me to AA Best and their tops,
saying they make a superior product at a better price.  After speaking
with AA Best, I ordered a Sonnedecke TR4A top and I am very impressed
with the top.

As for tonneau tops in cloth, AA Best makes NO TR tonneaus at all, but
I am trying to convince AA Best to make a TR6 tonneau.  I need a TR6
tonneau because my TR4A has high back TR6 seats.  I also believe AA
Best will probably only make a TR6 tonneau because that tonneau
represents the largest market opportunity.

So TR6 people, if you're interested in a TR6 tonneau, please let me
know because I am presently trying to show them that enough interest
exists for a TR6 tonneau top.  Also, please share this E-mail with
other Six lists if you like.

All the best,

Ted L.
--
T.L.L.
1966 TR4A CTC 73139 LO

Hi All,
      I'm considering a new top for my TR6.  The Sunfast top from AA
Best is $200.00 less than the Moss top on sale.  Has anyone used
either of these tops and have an opinion.  Thanks for the help.

Bob Rochlin
'72 TR6
PS  I've got an Everflex top now in excellent condition, fit, and
finish, but putting it up in cool weather is very difficult requiring
a lot of stretching of the top and swearing on my part( and then my
wife starts swearing at me, it's a vicious circle)

--
T.L.L.
1966 TR4A CTC 73139 LO