TR4A tire question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A tire question
From: Alain <triumphworks@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 16:25:32 -0500
Need some tire advice.

I have original 4.5" wide x 15" wire wheels.  I am debating getting
some larger tires than I have on the car right now, orginal spec
P165/80R15s.

I don't really care about staying original, but I would like to stay
safe and stay close to original tire diameter.

>From tire conversion charts, it seems that P185/70R15s would keep me
at the same diameter, giving me about 5/8" more tread to ground.

My question is: will 185/70s work for a 4.5" rim and are there any
clearance issues.

Does anyone have any experience with 185/70s on their original 4.5"x15 wheels?

Any tire suggestions if it will work?

Best regards,

Alain
--