RE: Stromberg probs

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Stromberg probs
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 14:15:12 -0800
> In-Line paper filters are not to be found in Randalls garage or
> on his cars,

Not quite true, my Stag wears a paper element filter because it's original
(no sediment bowl) and my LBC support vehicle wears one because it's fuel
injected (and therefore very sensitive to dirt in fuel).  But my TR3 has
only it's original sediment bowl.  One of the big advantage of SU carbs is
that they don't have the teeny tiny passages found in other carbs, and so
are relatively immune to small dirt in the fuel.

> he proved his ponit to me on these filters some years back, they are not
> what you call dependable mdse.

Let's just say that I've been potentially stranded several times in my life
by paper element filters; and never by an original sediment bowl on a TR3.
(I say potentially because I learned years ago that you can drive a
screwdriver lengthwise through a paper element filter to unclog it.)

Randall