TR4/4A Lighting Switch (back to flash-to-pass?)

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4/4A Lighting Switch (back to flash-to-pass?)
From: "Jeff Tedder" <jtedder68@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 20:13:57 -0800
List,

I'm in the midst of a wiring dilemma, and I'm hoping for some help.  I'm
using the wiring diagram from the owner's manual.

I've followed the discussion on the flash-to-pass feature, and have a
somewhat (what I think) clear understanding of what it's supposed to do.
HOWEVER.

On my light switch, there are five wires:  Red/green, brown/blue, blue,
blue/white, and brown.  Red/green and brown/blue are cleared up.  The
confusion is on the other three:

The diagram shows the blue and blue/white connecting together to blue on the
harness (which goes to the dip switch), but I have both blue and blue/white
on the harness - I think that if I connect the blue and the blue/white to
their corresponding colors on the harness instead of the way it's shown on
the diagram, I will get flash-to-pass, but I can't check it out yet.

Brown is supposed to connect to green/brown going to the fuse box, BUT there
is no green/brown wire at the fuse box, and the only green/brown off the
harness at the switch goes to the flasher, and therefore connects to the
signal switch.  So where the hell does brown go!!!

There are no other brown, blue, or blue/white wires on the harness that I
can connect to at this location.

I wonder if someone that has flash-to-pass working might take a peak under
the dash and state how it is wired (at least, color combinations)?

As always, any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Tedder

'66 & '67 TR4A