Re: Mystery bracket from Spitfire (now gloves)

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mystery bracket from Spitfire (now gloves)
From: Steven <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:50:15 -0700
Randall wrote:

>Does anyone else believe in gloves ?  I find the latex ones don't last me over
>20 minutes, tops.  Any kind of solvent, including gasoline, and they turn
>yellow, hard and tear about 30 seconds later. The blue nitrile ones do much
>better, but I still have to remember to change them every hour or two....

I go through boxes of gloves. I use nitrile when I expect to contact
gasoline or other fluifs, and cheaper nylon gloves for general dirty
work. I haven't found a "mechanic's" work glove that holds up to dirty
work long enough to justify the $20 a pair. I used to enjoy getting my
hands dirty, a nice break from working on a computer, but the
combination of dry Colorado climate and frequent washing was too hard on
my youthful looking hands.

Madge Newell
'62 TR4