RE: rear suspension messed with?

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: rear suspension messed with?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 19:11:59 -0800
>     IOW, the rear spring bushing kit sent to me from TRF
> contained 8 of the
> same (urethane?) bushings.

It takes 8 of them to do the rear, two bushings per pin times 4 pins (two at
the springs and two at the frame).

>  Why, then, does my car need two
> different sizes?

The front bushings are completely different, "Silentblocs" with rubber
bonded to inner and outer steel sleeves.  I don't know offhand of anyone
selling them in harder compounds, although ISTR Charles telling me they were
"working on it" a few years ago.

> Also, I took off the old rear axle buffers which had been 'wired'
> on the rear
> axle.  Is this the way things are suppose to be?

Yup, although I use nylon cable ties to put mine on.

Randall