A/F meter for TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: A/F meter for TR6
From: default <dtort@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 12:05:57 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
I have a 74 TR6 with sidedraft Webers and will soon be putting headers (from
TRF) on and I am thinking of adding an A/F gauge as well. The header exits with
two downpipes so I am wondering if I should put Oxy sensors in both. What is
the best location to add the sensors - on the header pipes or on the connecting
secondary pipe?

I've also heard about 'single wire sensors' and 'wideband' - not sure what the
difference is here. Any thoughts?

Looking for any wisdom on fitting headers (ceramic coat necessary?) and A/F
setup as well.

Particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has gone down this route
with regard to use of the A/F gauge. Has it helped tuning?

thx,
Dan

74 TR6 - runs great, still looks like cr%#p!