Re: Carrying Passengers in TR

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Carrying Passengers in TR
From: Steven Newell <steven@newellboys.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:54:41 -0700
John Macartney wrote:

>Strange how we all have thoughts verging on 'paranoia' about riding safely
>in these cars. I well remember riding in Ken Richardson's TR2 development
>car at the age of about 8 or 9. I guess it was MVC 575, because it was white
>and the great KR was at the wheel. I recall a violent application of the
>brakes on the high speed entry into a corner and banging my forehead on the
>passenger grab handle. "Oh, sorry," says Ken, "you OK?"
>Sure I was OK - though the blood on my trousers took a bit of explaining
>when we got home but Mum and Dad didn't seem too concerned. Such incidents
>in those days were an accepted fact of life.

Times have changed, now Oxyclean would take that blood stain right out!

We have a few neighborhood parents who won't let their kids ride with
mine in my TR4, even though I'm no Ken Richardson. That's okay, I'm not
wild about my kids riding in their SUV's. The upside is I'm seldom
drafted to be the carpool driver for soccer. Er, football to you, John.

The kids who are lucky enough to catch a ride are impressed with how
fast the car sounds at 20 mph.

Steven
Littleton, CO
'62 TR4 etc