Re: Passengers in TR

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Passengers in TR
From: "Kurtis" <tr4driver@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:36:57 -0600
I agree.

As I stated previously, I'm not entirely comfortable carrying my children in
my TR4 (which is probably the way it should be... makes me extra cautious).
I recognize the fact that auto safety has progressed a long way in the past
40 years.  However, I also believe there are other factors involved.  Steven
note a few...  Additionally, I think other drivers pay more attention to
these old cars - especially if you keep your chrome polished (since modern
cars no longer have any chrome on them) ;).  Pay attention to other drivers
eyes when you pass them as they wait to turn into traffic (a defensive habit
I got into during my motorcycle ownership days).  Rarely are they following
me when I'm in my modern car; however, more often than not, they are
watching my TR4.

Life's full of risks.  I certainly try to minimize those risks for my
children; however, I happen to enjoy the heck out of these old cars, and I
hope to pass that enjoyment on to my children.  Kind of hard to do if I
don't let them ride in the car with me. ;)

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L
1959 AH Bugeye - AN5L23250