Re: TR Passengers

To: "Triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR Passengers
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 21:10:03 -0500
On 12 Mar 2005 at 9:14, FRED E THOMAS wrote:

> Last Monday after a 6" coating of snow on our roads here in Stafford
> VA there were 19 road accidents/mishaps, 17 involved SUV's, just goes
> to prove the bigger they are the safer the driver feels and acts
> accordingly,

Hmmph.  This is reminds me of (a) how 4x4 drivers used to run I-93 up
to the New Hampshire ski centers from Boston.  Yeah, 4x4 gives you
more go-power but it doesn't give you more stop-power.  As soon as
any snow collected on the road, the first cars into the ditches or
embankments would be the 4x4's.  And (b) how people thought that ABS
would give them more stopping power, then complain bitterly after
skidding into someone while braking on a slippery road.  Some things
never change.  Especially the laws of physics.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com