RE: heater knob TR3 or other

To: "THOMAS FANSHER" <tfansher@comcast.net>,
Subject: RE: heater knob TR3 or other
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 17:51:53 -0800
> Is anyone on the list familiar with the applications of each
> rheostat

I don't recall the change point offhand, but TS39781LO originally had the
earlier type, with the shorter shaft and the fixing screw for the knob.  The
later ones use a "push button" to retain the knob, like the rest of the
switches.

> and does
> anyone have a knob for the longer shaft?

TRF has them listed in stock, P/N 509735, $5.75

> The rheostat I have

You might want to be sure that's a heater rheostat and not a dash light
rheostat.  I believe they have different resistances (but don't know any
values offhand).

Randall