RE: INDUCED VISABILITY

To: "triumph list" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: INDUCED VISABILITY
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@pop.mail.rcn.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 23:10:04 -0500
On 16 Mar 2005 at 15:26, Randall wrote:

> I generally always drive with my marker lights on.  I use headlights
> only when conditions are impaired, like an overcast day, rain, within
> a few hours of sunrise or sunset, etc.

Same here.  I'd rather not run headlights until I need them.  This
also lets me flash them if appropriate, which is more noticeable than
just briefly going from dipped to main beams.

I started driving with marker lights back with my first real car, a
Fiat 124 Spider, back around 1971.  I noticed a big, consistent
difference in how conscious other drivers were (or seemed to be,
anyway) of my presence while commuting if I ran illuminated.  Been
doing it ever since.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com