Re: noisy electric fuel pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: noisy electric fuel pump
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 14:58:11 EST
Thanks for your responses for 'noisy electric fuel pump' you guys.
I forwarded to my brother and he will address this weekend.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

An air leak on the intake side would do it, or a major leak on the outlet..
Another possibility is crud from the tank momentarily blocking one of the
check valves open. My suggestion after you've checked for leaks is to insert a
mesh or sediment bowl type filter between the pump & the tank.
Randall
-----
..interupter style, and was only 6 months old when it died. Turns out the
oxygenated fuels in my area (Chicago metro area) destroyed the diaphragm. I
have
since switched to an electronic pump from NAPA, labelled to be "compatibe with
all fuels".
Irv Korey
------
..pump running dry. There's an air leak or a blockage somewhere ahead of the
pump.
Cheers, Michael Porter