Re: Bonnet Latch

To: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bonnet Latch
From: Jeff Johnson <mondoluxe@ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 19:41:14 -0500
Yes, they are cad plated. As a sidebar, my original bonnet latch separated
where the two pieces were welded, so I purchased a replacement from TRF.
'Twas the first piece I got from them that was not up to snuff. Nice shiny
cad plated item (as original) but was not up to their usual quality. Dang
thing bent every time you closed the hood. I took it off, tossed it, and
proceeded to weld my original back into shape. Polished and PC'd it. I
couldn't be happier. No, it's not cad plated, but it gets the job done as
it should.
The bulkhead portion as well has been polished and PC'd. "FT" would be proud.

Jeff Johnson
'76 TR6 CF50278U
original owner