Help with TR3 headlight rim

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Help with TR3 headlight rim
From: "rgt2" <rgt2@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 13:14:23 -0800
I am doing the final assembly of the front sheet metal and all the bits and
pieces that are on the front of the car.  I have installed the headlights
using new body to headlight bucket seals and new dust seals.  I am also
using new headlight trim rings.  I seem to be having trouble getting the new
rings to snap into place.  I have checked measurements against the old trim
rings and everything seems to be the same.  Everything seems to fit as it
should but I am having problems getting the trim ring to snap into place at
the bottom of the headlight assembly.  Are there any tricks to doing this?

Thanks in advance

Rod Trunnell
Chico, CA
TCF1037l