clutch fork pins

To: davidt@opentext.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: clutch fork pins
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:36:59 EST
David,
Sometimes you can rotate fork pins to position a new surface without
buggering em up (vicegrips)
That's what I did..
How do you know your throwout bearing was squealing and it wasn't the pins
scraping down..?
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

<<< I have finally pulled the gearbox out of the Spitfire(spit6). I have
taken the
bell housing off, the shifter plate and forks off. Now I am looking at the OD
unit and wonder the easiest way to separate it as a "subassembly" that I don't
need to worry about. Is it simply the bolts holding the OD plate to the main
body of the gearbox that need to be removed?

I also need to clean the inside of the gear box casing, to make sure all
little bits are out, any recommendations?

While I have this apart I am replacing the TO bearing as well, it was
sqealling, not badly yet, but still sqealling. The fork pins are showing the
flat wearing as seen by many. Can the TO fork pins be replaced?

Thanks in advance
David Templeton
'74 spitfire/gt6 >>>