Re: GT6/OD questions

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GT6/OD questions
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 23:25:44 -0000
Hi David
If you followed the instructions about removing the overdrive, releasing the
tension on the one way clutch then you can separate it at the ring of 8 x
7/16 AF bolts. you cannot remove it at the rear of the gearbox casing, where
the aluminium meets the steel, as at least one of the bolts is inside the
casting. If you did not follow the instructions on releasing the tension on
the one way clutch then you should spin the input with an electric drill and
engage the solenoid and allow the drill to stop this should prevent the one
way clutch from being pre loaded on the splines.

Graham.
Ps I just grip the pilot bearing spigot with the chuck with a layer or two
of paper to protect it should it slip, have done no damage yet! YMMV.