RE: Rocker arms and shipping to Canada

To: <BearTranserv@aol.com>, <wes_mwi@telus.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Rocker arms and shipping to Canada
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@digiscreen.ca>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 19:38:58 -0500
Hi Robert:

I'm in Montreal and we ship a fair number of high-value ($20K-$200K) video
projectors back and forth over the US border. Whenever we receive something via
UPS, they call to ask if we want them to be the broker. The first few times we
did use them, until the shocking level of their charges became clear. A company
lent me a $250K unit for a couple of weeks last year and shipped if up from
Texas. UPS tried to put 15% on my credit card plus a huge brokerage fee. As far
as I can see, UPS should be considered as an internal carrier only. For
example, I've got a unit heading to Vancouver for a film festival. UPS is the
cheapest and quickest. However across the border, oh no.

As for brokers and their licenses, you're dead on the money. What thieves. The
entire system is rigged to favour their activities. I'd best not get started...

Cheers,

Mark