Follow Up - TR-3 Exhaust

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Follow Up - TR-3 Exhaust
From: Dave Speed <dspeed@4speeds.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:16:00 -0700
After recommendations all over the board, I ended up with a stainless steel
system mfg by Falcon via TRF.  The system was delivered lsat week after a
10 week wait.

Out of the box. the system looks very nice; decent welds, reasonable
quality.  There were no instructions but then , there were not a lot of
options (tho it does not look *quite* like the images I've seen).  Foe me,
the small sliencer fit best in the middle with the longer sliencer
following, punctuared by the final long 'stinger' which I hope clears the
coachwork (body is off this week repainting the engine compartment...).   I
had to fuss with the openings to get a fit, but nothing excessive; the
parts seem to be well made with bends not overly restrictive.  The
silencers seem to be basically straight through, so flow should
be  good.  With two silencers, it should be reasonably quiet.

I did not purchase the $45 accessory kit.  The pipes are 1 7/8" diam so the
readily available SS clamps (JC Whitneys) in 1.5 and 2" do not fit.  I
chose to paint a set of carbon steel clamps (2 for $1.34) to hold it in place.

There seems to be some minor interference with the differential at
installation time - this is, in my mind, somewhat disappointing.  Oh
well.  Maybe its just my inexpert fitting. YMMV.

I've not fired off the engine yet to get the sound.  Will report on that when

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo Possum