Re: bleedin' brakes!-TR6

To: "List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bleedin' brakes!-TR6
From: "Graham Stretch" <technical-iwnet@wight365.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 19:24:25 -0000
Hi Tim
Try letting the bleed nipple go when you have pumped up the system and have
pressure in it.
One problem with bleeding brakes is that the normal travel of the pedal is
somewhat shorter than the stroke available during bleeding, this means that
the master cylinder seals get used in an area that may have pitted or rusted
during normal use when the piston does not reach it. Do you live in an area
of high humidity, if you do are you using Silicone fluid as this should
prevent the hygroscopic action of the normal fluids, and in turn prevent (or
reduce) the action of the moisture on the steel components.

Graham.