Re: pin holes and push rods

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: pin holes and push rods
From: oliver <sumton@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:51:31 -0800 (PST)
a personal friend had good experience with the POR 15 gas tank repair kit.

"jefflee@access-4-free.com" <jefflee@access-4-free.com> wrote:
Hey Listers,
After cleaning the fuel tank with muriatic acid,
which worked very well, I have discovered several tiny
holes on one side of the tank. I have considered brazing,
to close them. A friend suggested an epoxy putty. Any
recommendations from the list would be greatly appreciated!
Another question for the experts:
Push rods in the clutch and brake master
cylinders, for my '63 TR4, are worn causing excess pedal
play. They seem to be NA at the big three. Has anyone tried
adapting the TR3 equivalent in their place? Is there a way
to repair the old one adequately?