Early Spitfire Archive Infomation

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Early Spitfire Archive Infomation
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:43:32 EST
List,

While cleaning through my old high school and college "stuff" in the attic
today, I came upon an envelope filled with repair receipts and.....the original
window sticker, original dealer accessories sheet, and original dealer vehicle
invoice for my dad's 1966 Triumph Spitfire MkII.

It was purchased on August 12, 1966, new, from Werner Motors in Lansdale, PA.
 Commission Number FC 77403L; Engine Number FC78882HE.  I eventually bought
the car from my dad when I landed my first real job then traded it for a 1969
TR6 (new) in February, 1969!

Here's a summary of the vehicle and accessory costs:

Vehicle             $2155.00
Freight                    50.00
Service & Prep           50.00
Heater & Washer        53.00
White Sidewalls          25.00
Tonneau Cover           35.00
Wire Wheels         118.00
Seat Belts                25.90
Radio (AM)                75.00
Chrome Tail Pipe          1.75

The paperwork is like new.  If anyone wants a digital photo of any of this,
let me know.

What's really funny is that the dealer was an
Imperial-Chrysler-Plymouth-Valiant-Triumph dealer.....whew - what a combo!!

Oh, after looking at each repair receipt I can see why my dad sold me the
car....as I now remember, these cars (my new 1969 TR6 included) even brand
spanking new, were not high quality products....ha, ha, ha....do we ever
learn......I think he used the money to buy a new VW bug.......

Cheers,

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA  USA